|Are you a Perfectionist? Want to make a difference? Join our team as a Welder II. As a Welder II you shall have the basic understanding of the American Welding Society requirements, in various areas of the welding field. Level II welders shall fully understand the information that is listed on the Welding Procedure Specifications, which include but are not limited to electrode classifications, gas types, polarity, equipment setups, etc. Level II welders shall have a good understanding of weld symbols, and the use of weld gauges. Level II welders shall demonstrate an advanced knowledge in reading blueprints, and be able to find the information that is needed effectively.
- Experienced welding with Flux-Core Arc Welding, Gas Metal Arc Welding, Gas Tungsten Arc Welding, and Shielded Metal Arc Welding. Should be advanced in at least one of these main welding processes.
- Show advanced skills using Oxy-Fuel, Plasma Arc Cutting, and Carbon Arc Cutting equipment.
- Demonstrate efficiencies when cutting straight line, shapes, and bevels on various materials, using manual and automatic equipment.
- Ability to weld parts in the most efficient manner, with minimal supervision.
- High School Diploma.
- Level 2 welder certification preferred.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions, from department supervisor. Able to learn and adapt new welding techniques.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. and frequent bending, stooping, and twisting.