Trainers must have experience developing, delivering, and measuring training programs within an industrial and skilled trades environment. Trainers must have an extensive technical background applicable to installing and maintaining industrial manufacturing equipment. Trainers must also possess engaging presentation abilities to ensure individuals are able to work safely and confidently pre-and post-completion of the program. The trainers are the subject matter experts and responsible for ensuring and maintaining accuracy within the training documentation. Trainers are also required to deliver outstanding, hands-on instruction to managers/leaders and prospective skilled trade candidates, and other personnel.
- Main Duties Involved in Position:
The Trainer’s primary role is to conduct skilled trade training programs in an engaging and professional manner. The Trainer must also ensure the curriculum/activities achieve the intended behavioral change(s) in students, through mentoring, observation, and assessment. The Technical Trainer plays a crucial role in the performance analysis and continuous improvement of curriculum.
Curriculum and Program Development:
- Aides in the creation and revision of training materials, class outlines, and training activities to be utilized in technical training classes.
- Participates in course hand off and dry runs.
- Scheduling training courses.
Maintenance of Equipment and Facility:
- Preserves clean and organized classrooms, shops, and warehouses. Strives to maintain a safe, professional environment.
- Aides in the service and maintenance of Training Center equipment demonstration to ensure proper operation and safety.
- Responsible for set-up and tear down before and after training programs.
- Works to continuously enhance instructional delivery and presentation skills.
- Keeps up-to-date on industry skilled trades demands.
- Remains current on knowledge of equipment, parts, and specifications.
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries, and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor.
- . Minimum Education Required for the Position:
- High School Diploma
- . Minimum Type and Amount of Work Experience Required for the Position:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a technical training and development role.
- A minimum of 5 years of skilled trades experience on the job in one or more of the following areas: o Welding
- o Pipefitting
- o Electrical
- o Machine Building
- o Metal Working.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
• Excellent organizational and time-management abilities