The Shop Clerk is responsible for the organization of all shop documentation, functional paperwork, and input into electronic systems
for the organization. The Shop Clerk receipts all work and goods related to shop activities. This position requires the safety standards
are met for all activities.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to
this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Maintain strict compliance with the organization’s safety requirements.
Organize, log, enter and process all receiving paperwork into our ERP (QAD) system and corresponding electronic files.
Record and report all discrepancies in receipted work or goods to the purchase orders.
Responsible for writing purchase requisitions to purchasing for ordering all shop supplies.
Organize and maintain all shop hard copy paperwork with traceability.
Responsible for verifying and checking in all materials as received for jobs.
Perform all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Interpret MRO orders, receiving documents, etc. and match to purchase orders.
Enter receipts and process receiving paperwork with accuracy.
Audit inventory regularly and report discrepancies.
Assist other organizational departments, as needed.
Complete other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Prefer minimum 2 years of experience in warehouse shipping, receiving, and inventory management.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Experience operating warehouse equipment, such as a forklift and aerial lifts, beneficial.
• Proficiency and experience working within the major shipping software programs.
• Knowledge of QAD accounting, or similar, software.
• OSHA 10, will train.
• Maintains a strong commitment to safety.
• Works well independently and in a team.
• Strong mathematical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• Ability to work through a variety of changing situations.
• Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate office equipment including copier, scanner, and phone.
• Able to perform basic mathematical functions – addition, subtraction, multiplication and/or division.
• Basic to Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Knowledge of, or experience with, Shipping & Receiving software programs.
• QAD accounting program experienced, beneficial.
- Pushing, up to 50 pounds.
- Pulling, up to 50 pounds
• Plant environment with temperature variations, dust, and dirt.
• Manufacturing shop may require steel toe boots or other PPE.
• Overhead loads, fabrication shop exposures, noise & airborne particulates.