Education: Specialized training or experience.
Experience: Three 3 years’ experience with machine tool building or related field.
Skills: Works from blueprints, sketches, and written specifications and with minimal technical guidance.
Personal Qualities: Works well with others, able to understand and act on directions given, industrious,
innovative and self-motivated.
- Under limited supervision, sets up and operates one or more types of precision grinding machines, such as surface, external, internal, and jig, on a variety of complicated work having intricate
recessing, unusual contours or interrelated surfaces.
- Involves close tolerances and difficult set-ups of parts of irregular shapes.
- Either determines speeds, feeds and operation sequence or sets up pursuant to speeds, etc., prescribed in drawings or other written specifications.
- Selects and dresses wheels for varying materials and finish requirements.
RELEVANCE AND IMPORTANCE OF POSITION TO QUALITY OBJECTIVES:
- This position impacts the quality objectives of meeting customer requirements (building to print), increase customer satisfaction, maintaining low rework and eliminating waste (by doing it right the first time), and integrating quality.
- Shop floor environment heated but not air-conditioned. Occasional fumes from paint, cleaners, adhesives, etc.
- Moderate physical and mental stress. Physical lifting up to 50 lbs, otherwise mechanical assistance is required.
- Hourly position, 40 hours per week unless overtime is required to meet schedules, as directed by management.
Location: Sagniaw, Michigan
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org