- Checks in material and verifies quantities and correctness.
- Basic understanding of pneumatic blueprints.
- Basic experience in running SCH40 black/galvanized pipe.
- Basic experience in sweating L series copper.
- Basic experience in running SCH80 PVC pipe.
- Basic experience in creating brackets where needed.
- Basic experience in running all types of rubber hose for air and water.
- Basic sub assembly experience piping fixtures and end effectors.
- Operates a drill press and a saw.
- Provides assistance with standard tools of trade (benders, flaring machines, etc.), shop tooling (drill press, bench grinder, belt sander, arc welder, etc.), and hydraulic and pneumatic components, and circuits.
- Sets working pressures, valve sequencing, hydraulic pressures, etc.
- Familiar with component functions (hydraulic and pneumatic valves, check valves, ball valves, FRL’s, etc.)
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
Please send resume & any certifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org