Mechanical Estimator is responsible for preparing cost estimates by analyzing customer’s scope of work, specifications, requirements and detailed mechanical content to create competitive bids.
- Estimate content, scope, and costs for mechanical manufacturing, mechanical engineering, integration and tryout.
- Complete understanding of quoted scope of work based on original estimated content, project line up, and documentation provided.
- Maintain accurate matrixes of all estimates per project/job number.
- Estimate work for past projects such as kits, product changes, and enhancements.
- Participate in project team meetings.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in estimating, mechanical design or proposals or the equivalent of three years in tool assembly, system integration and mechanical manufacturing. Experience in estimating preferred but not required.
- Strong background in assembly systems and mechanical manufacturing in automotive tooling and integration.
- Familiar with robotic spot welding and MIG welding systems and equipment.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing and engineering.
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Capable of prioritizing work based on work load and current project activities.
- Comfortable with speaking technically in front of groups (co-workers & customers).
- Ability to write quote letters using correct grammar and punctuation.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiar with AutoCAD.
- Strong analytical skills used to review and compile data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position operates primarily in an office environment.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and be present on the plant floor or customer facility.
Expected Hours of Work:
This position regularly requires long hours and frequent weekend work.
This position requires some out of town and overnight travel.
Located in Warren, Michigan
Please send resumes to: