Do you have an engineering-focused mind? Love to drive results? Join our team as a Mechanical Engineer I. As a Mechanical Engineer I you are responsible for designing, detailing, and checking systems for special equipment used for assembly, testing and material removal.
- Installation support and start up at the customer’s facility.
- Field service and debug will be required.
- Manufacturing/assembly support.
- Research, plan, and design mechanical and electromechanical products and systems.
- Direct and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or electromechanical products and systems.
- Troubleshoot mechanical designs, assemblies, and component problems and implement corrective measures.
- Responsible for adhering to project budget and working within loaded hours.
- Plan and carry out assignments in conformance with accepted policies and practices.
- Adhere to instructions, policies, precedents, and guidelines in exercising judgment to resolve commonly encountered work problems, bringing unusual findings/problems to the Engineering Manager’s attention.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience in the field and knowledge of machines and automation.
- Two (2) years of experience in related field and working knowledge of solid modeling software.
- Must have a basic understanding of control and fluid power systems.
- Ability to perform structural calculations.
- Rudimentary knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good knowledge of appropriate references to find answers.
- Proficiency in company software (Encompix, AutoCAD, SolidWorks).
- The ability to work with well with people and independently, problem solver, organized, good written and verbal skills, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Experience working with machines, selecting components, analyzing fit form and function preferred.
Located in Saginaw, Michigan
Please send resume to email@example.com