Class I : Machine Builder
- Proficient in common build practice for Chrysler, Ford and GM.
- Assist project team in solving project concerns/ issues.
- Follows the installation of equipment during all phases from build to customer’s plant.
- Follows company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Meets scheduled deadlines and maintains open issues.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Understands how to read/ use project timelines.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Updates E-BOM summary weekly and gives to Mechanical Supervisor.
- Verifies conformance of parts to BOM’s and blueprints.
- Basic welding skills.
- Must have your own tools and PPE.
- Proficient at rigging and crane.
- Assures a clean work area.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One-year certificate from college or technical school; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
How to Apply?
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org