GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Engineering Manager is a hands-on role responsible for organizing work activities, driving process
improvements, and encouraging technical excellence within the department. Prior experience in the
design of off-highway mobile equipment is a requirement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Supervise a small team of electrical and mechanical engineers while also supervising the design
process to ensure a safe product while sticking to committed schedules/standards.
2. Coordinate work activities with other functional managers
3. Set standards of excellence for work organization and documentation, and enhance and
supplement existing technical standards
4. Formulate strategic and operational objectives for the department, while also managing resource
budgets and product cost budgets
5. Establish and monitor department KPIs
6. Support the sales process by providing bid estimates, design concepts, and supporting
7. Responsible for managing the CAD system and associated files and BOMs.
8. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2. Minimum 7 years’ experience in industrial automation
3. Minimum 5 years’ experience in Off-Highway Engineering
4. Minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead engineering role
5. Advanced knowledge in the design of heavy weldments
6. Proficient in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
7. Familiar with mobile equipment hydraulics and basic electrical systems.
8. Familiar with custom fabrication shop practices
9. Experience with Solidworks CAD; FEA ability would be a plus.
10. Self-starter and collaborative internal and external relationship builder.
11. Highly organized with effective time management skills
12. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
13. Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
14. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
15. Practical, highly adaptable, resourceful and organized.
16. Able to solve problems on the spot and complete the work thoroughly.
17. Self-motivated, confident, able to conduct training in both large and small groups.
18. Commercially aware.
19. Machine and personal safety aware
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree, or equivalent experience resulting in broad knowledge of a field related to
the job, (Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineer or electrical engineering) plus 10 years related
experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Advanced: Database, Other, Word Processing/Typing
Intermediate: Contact Management, Presentation/PowerPoint, Spreadsheet
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Enterprise Resource Planning
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE SKILLS
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to sit; regularly
required to talk or hear; frequently required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with
hands and arms; and occasionally required to walk.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to
25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving
mechanical parts; occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Located in North Carolina