- Work with systems engineers to choose the correct components that will get the best performance at the lowest cost for the instrument.
- Design the custom machine shop parts that will be used with the purchased components to create the measurement system of the instrument.
- Design the styling and details of the cabinetry that will house the active components of the instrument.
- Use SolidWorks to create fully detailed 3D model of the full instrument and its options.
- Use SolidWorks to create piece-part drawings, and assembly drawing for the manufacturing group to use to build the instrument.
- Work in detail with vendors to ensure that we receive high quality cost effective components that meet the sometimes unusual needs of the instruments.
- Be a source of technical support for the instruments throughout the organization.